Critical Care Education provides Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) to students, working professionals, or healthcare workers that would like to further their education in the cities and areas surrounding Fontana and Apple Valley.
The goal of the PALS Course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes. The course uses a series of simulated pediatric emergencies to teach and reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics.
• The systematic approach to assess and treat a seriously ill or injured infant/child
• Recognition and management of cardiac arrest
• Basic child and infant life support skills
• Effective resuscitation team dynamics
• Recognition and management of respiratory distress and failure, including
• Recognition and management of shock, including vascular access
• Recognition and management of arrhythmias, including electrical therapy
• Post-cardiac arrest care