This course provides the student with a comprehensive instruction related to care of the adult critical care patient.
Critical Care Nursing Program Learning Objectives:
To prepare registered nurses with the essential knowledge to enter the critical care environment, supporting the development of the students critical thinking skills required to provide care to the adult critical care populations.
Critical Care Nursing Course Curriculum:
- RESPIRATORY ASSESSMENT
- VENTILATOR TRAINING
- 12 LEAD EKG
- CARDIAC DRUGS AND DRIPS
- NEURO SYSTEM REVIEW
- GI AND RENAL SYSTEMS REVIEW
- BASIC HEMODYNAMIC MONITORING
- CARDIOVASCULAR NURSING
- MEDICAL-SURGICAL NURSING
Critical Care Nursing Training Skills Covered:
- CENTRAL LINE CARE
- INVASIVE NEURO INTERVENTION CARE
- RESPIRATORY CARE
- BASIC ASSESSMENT OF CRITICAL CARE PATIENTS
- HEMODYNAMIC LINE CARE
- PAIN MANAGEMENT AND SEDATION ASSESSMENT
Critical Care Nursing Program Prerequisites:
- BASIC EKG RECOGNITION SKILLS
- NURSING LICENSE
Critical Care Nursing Course Length and Format:
Our Critical Care Nursing Course is delivered in a hybrid format is broken into two parts:
- Students will complete course work through weekly on assignments for 5 weeks.
- On the sixth week Students will come in for two 8 hour traditional in class instruction sessions to prepare for course completion, cover skills, and receive the final exam.
Textbook is included in the program.
Cost of Critical Care Nursing Course: $400